What is a well woman gynaecology check?
It’s a comprehensive assessment of your gynaecological health, tailored to your individual needs. It’s designed to provide you with peace of mind by providing early detection of gynaecological conditions that may affect women who are not showing any specific symptoms.
Miss Hayes advises a once-yearly well woman check for women of all ages.
What to expect at your appointment:
- Consultation with Miss Hayes
- Thorough history, pelvic examination
- Cervical smear and HPV sub-typing test
- Transvaginal ultrasound scan
- Contraception and sexual health review
- Referral for further tests. Please note an additional cost will apply depending on the test.
These may include
- Blood tests
- Written medical report which can be posted or emailed to yourself and health professional(s) of your choice
- Prescription arrangement
- Notification of the results of any test