Miss Hayes is a highly respected Consultant Gynaecologist who offers her patients a range of gynaecological services and expertise at her clinic based at London’s Portland Hospital.
Her expertise includes management of gynaecological conditions and menopause, fertility check-ups, and sexual health screenings.
First visit to a Gynaecologist?
We recognise that visiting a gynaecologist for the first time can be a daunting and sometimes embarrassing prospect. Miss Hayes is a highly experienced Consultant Gynaecologist who will do all she can to ensure your first visit is as comfortable as possible.
Miss Hayes sees patients aged 16+, with under 18s needing to be accompanied by an adult.
Reasons why people usually come to see a gynaecologist for the first time:
- Early, late or irregular periods
- Painful or heavy periods
- Sexual health screening and / or contraception
- First cervical smear (screening starts from 25 years old)
What to expect at your appointment:
- Private consultation with Miss Louise Hayes, who is experienced in looking after younger patients
- Thorough history and pelvic examination
- Written medical report which can be posted or emailed to yourself and health professional(s) of your choice
- Prescription arrangement
- If required:
- Cervical smear and HPV sub-typing test if 25 years or older
- Ultrasound scan, often performed transvaginally
- Contraception and sexual health review
- Referral for further tests such as blood tests
- Notification of the results of any test